"No body gives a DAMN, you've gotta take it!"
...From the Movie "The Departed"

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Those 8 hours....

First call of the season, first interview of the season and finally first convert of the season as well. This is my S P Jain Time line.

I was so surprised with the call because I always thought they wouldn’t call me as I had no extra curriculum activities in my profile, but I guess they liked my academics.
I was so excited that I booked my interview slot even without thinking anything and then came a shock. I booked interview on 30th January and my brother’s marriage was scheduled for 29th January. But then, what has to happen always happens.
Due to some unfortunate incident the marriage got postponed and I didn’t miss anything.
Ok...enough of preview now let me get to the D Day...

I reached Mumbai on 30th January at about 12.30 a.m thanks to air congestion my flight was very late. Then reached my brother’s place in about 30 mins, slept around 2 am and was supposed to wake up at 8am but as usual I overslept. Got up at 9, and then lazy myself as usual wasted time and by the time I realized I was getting late I didn’t have time even for a shower...Rushed out at 10.45 and reached the campus at about 11.10.

But as soon as I reached there it all changed, the atmosphere there was so good that I lost all my tension and nervousness. My interview was scheduled at 12 pm but I was allotted the group later and so it started some time later. All the time there in the waiting room I was talking to someone or the other, also met a friend whom I knew through PG.
I must admit there came a time when I thought that I was at the wrong place because everyone I talked with had some national or international achievement and me nothing..:)

Now the first round of the interview was pretty relaxed and simple, no stress nothing. But there were a couple of people in my group who took most of the airtime, sorry Ronan, but then they deserved that airtime. It lasted for about 45 odd mins. It felt good after the interview and as it turned out 3 out of the 6 people in that group had a final convert as well, Prateek, Ronan and yours truly.

Then we had that psychometric test which was all fun. The only thing was that the entire procedure was taking a lot of time and I started to get bored after some time and by the time I was in the room for the second round, believe it or not I was actually feeling sleepy...lazy me.

But the second round was also good and this time also one guy took a lot of airtime but with him I had a feeling that he was screwing up himself and I think he finally did that. Just for the record I don’t know whether he made it or not because I don’t remember his name. I dint speak much during the second round, answered the only technical question that I was asked correctly (Thank GOD), and believe it or not I had studied that very question in the morning also (Thank you Srimani sir for teaching me AS 28)
But then I didn’t feel that great after the second round, don’t know why. Then finally the self test, and my GOD that was some test, I mean after a few questions I didn’t know what to write. But finished it some how in the given time and when I saw my watch it was 6.30 pm and I was really tired but relieved at the same time as well. It was time to walk out of the campus.

All in all I must say it was a wonderful experience and I really enjoyed it, specially now when I have it made it there..:)
Also Thanks to all the seniors who made the process so cool and calm, I never felt that I had come for such an important interview.

No comments: